libusbK.sys compared to other USB kernel drivers
libusbK.sys advantages when compared to libusb0.sys:
- Winusb-like power management.
- Winusb-like pipe policies.
- Driver-level asynchronous transfer timeouts.
- Improved isochronous transfer support.
- Newer, more robust KMDF based design.
libusbK.sys disadvantages when compared to libusb0.sys:
- Does not support multiple configurations.
- Does not support a "filter driver" mode.
- Significantly larger device driver installation packages.
- Less tolerant of usb devices which or not fully compliant with usb specifications.
libusbK.sys advantages when compared to WinUSB.sys:
- Full isochronous transfer support.
- Supports of XP64, Windows 2003, and Win2K (unofficial, see above comments)
- Supports device reset.
- Open source nature can eliminate the need for UDMF solutions.
- Allows proccesses concurrent access to the same device.
- Smaller driver installation packages.
libusbK.sys disadvantages when compared to WinUSB.sys:
- libusbK will not function as a lower filter driver of a UDMF driver as WinUSB.sys will.
- WinUSB is pre-packaged with Vista and up.
- Windows 8 has unique native support for WinUSB devices.